I had a long cherished dream of being awarded .. errrr an award. Dola Basu Singh and Ruchi Singh you have fulfilled by a long cherished dream of being nominated. I always felt like Dharam Paaji... Always giving award and not receiving one :P Today you have created a cherished memory in my life.
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers. It is passed from person to person to encourage and support each other, and help discover upcoming bloggers.
Guidelines for the award post:
1. Post 11 facts about self.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by your awarder.
3. Nominate/award 5-11 bloggers you find deserving and probably have less than 1000 followers.
4. Tell them that they have been tagged by you.
5. Include the image of the award in your page.
Here are 11 (well-known, I think, though you might think otherwise ) facts about me "
- I was a corporate trainer at Oracle corporation.
- I hate typing. My keyboard hates me with equal ardor. I write down everything before I type. Even this.
- I have tried out painting, knitting, sculpting and embroidery - before deciding that I am truly horrible at it. Oh yeah.. scrapbooking too.
- I love books. I spend hours in Barnes and Noble just looking at books. So much so, one day a small girl walked up to me asked where a certain genre of a book is kept. I now go to another branch of Barnes and Noble.
- I hate travelling and never stayed in a place for more than 2 years.
- My biggest dream is to have a utensil which is 5 years old. While moving we let go of our old utensils. I hate that.
- I have insomnia. Blame it on all authors whose books my mom forbade me to read. So happy hours were hiding under a blanket reading a book.
- I volunteer every Thrusday to teach kids with Autism. That is my prayer. I don't pray otherwise.
- I have donated all my body parts and am losing friends at a rapid scale because they think I am eyeing their internal organs when I start preaching about donating your internal organs.
- I tend to live more in the past than in the present. It gets me into lot of problems.
- My TBR list is 788 books. Writers please be gentle with your cursings. :P
Dola Basu Singh's set of 11 questions :
1. What were you like at school?
Ans: Do you mean outside the class or inside my class? :P My earliest memory is of me standing out side the class with my hands on my ear. Why? I don't remember. But, it must have left a great impression on me for it never changed. I was terribly influenced by 'The Naughtiest Girl in The School" by Enid Blyton. I
2. Were you good in English?
Ans: hehehe. That was the only subject I was good at.
Ans: Sidney Sheldon, Penny Jordan, Nora Roberts. Sorry I am not very intellectual.
4. What genre are your books/stories/unpublished manuscripts?
Ans: Romance and Mythology
5. What draws you to this genre?
Ans: Romance : Create anything and not me sued.
Mythology: Create anything and be sued ..... and then famous. :D
6. When did you decide to become a writer?
Ans : The day I lost the most loved one in my life ... I picked up my pen ....
7. Where do your ideas come from?
Ans: Life or my wildest imagination.
8. What is the easiest thing about writing?
Ans : Dreaming that a publisher will fall in love with you.
9. What is the most difficult thing about writing?
Ans: Editing. It makes me do more gardening - just to escape.
10. Do you ever get Writer’s Block? How do you overcome it?
Ans: Hey good question .. the day I decided to become a writer.. from that day.
11. What book(s) are you reading at the moment?
Ans: The Garden series of Nora Roberts.
My set of 11 questions are :
- What made you take up blogging? Who introduced you to the world of blogging ?
- One writer whose book you would want to review because you love?
- One writer who inspires you to pick up the pen or keyboard ?
- Besides reading and writing, what is your favorite pass time?
- The silliest mistake you have done while blogging ?
- How do you come to know about the technical part of blogging (eg. The software you use for blogging, etc.)
- What do you hate about blogging?
- Would you prefer a niche blog or a general blog ?
- Do you think blogger, naturally turn towards writing fiction or non - fiction?
- Do you think great books make great movies. ?
- Quote a opening line from the book you are currently reading.
I nominate Ruchira Khanna , Sumeetha Manikandan, Summerita Rhayne, Devika Fernando, Inderpreet Kaur Uppal, Aparajita Dutta, Paulami Duttagupta, Sumana Khan, Ahana Mukherjee and Usha Narayanan for the Leibster Blog Award
(The toughest part is to create this above list. There are so many wonderful bloggers and writers out there ....as soon as I am nominated again,......:D